Omega-3 || The Way to the Top

 


I felt death calling me to its grasp, the cold hard steel, locking horns with my Life stream. I was a stranger to such violence that breaks open the spirit out of its casing. It was in front of this fear, that I could feel both courage and cowardice hounding me to do the right thing. I recognized both these sojourners at once, attempting to enclose me within each one's reality.
If I had chosen the voice of courage, I would have fought back.
If I had chosen the voice of cowardice, I would have shuddered back in fear.
I had a choice to make, which voice would I follow, and would that be the right choice?

The blade was about to snap into my bone and I barely had any time to think, so in these final seconds of my life, would I choose to fight back or let my body die.

Death is certain for each and everyone of us, then why would I bow down to fear, why would I not make a stand against that which has come to take my Life.

I felt the blade glazing past me as I took a few steps back.
Death glaring at me from beyond, anger in his eyes.

"Death, I know I will have to come with you someday to meet the sojourners on the other side, but today you have taught me the value of life, the lesson of never giving up, and someday when I have learnt all that Life has to teach me, I will willingly come with you to the other side."

Death dropped his sword and walked away!
The student had learnt!




Popular Posts